Today International Cheetah Day is celebrated all over the world. It places on the spotlight of the cheetah, the world’s fastest land animal because it’s racing against extinction. Over the last 100 years, we’ve lost approximately 90% of the cheetah population.
Here are a few interesting Cheetah facts:
· Cheetahs are the world’s fastest land animal because they can run 70 mph (or 110 kph), which is as fast as cars drive on the highway.
· The cheetah can reach its top speed in just 3 seconds.
· The cheetah’s fur is covered in solid black spots, and so is their skin! The black fur grows out of the black spots on their skin.
· A female cheetah cares for anywhere from 2 to 8 cubs per litter.
|Source: How Stuff Works|
· There are less than 7,100 cheetahs left in the wild, making the cheetah Africa’s most endangered big cat.
You can learn more about this important day and complete activities to show your support https://internationalcheetahday.com/
By watching documentaries on Cheetahs or by learning more about them, you’ll can help with their conservation. Go on, spread the word. Join the conversation on Twitter by using the hashtags #SaveTheCheetah & #IntlCheetahDay.Be a wildlife ambassador. Even though they are extremely fast, we can slow down its extinction.