· Oceans play an important part in the health and survival of all life. The ocean plays a life-giving role for not only people but also for the environment as it supports a multitude of life forms
· The ocean connects people across the Earth, no matter where we live.
· The oceans are essential to food security as it daily feed people. They are a significant source of
· Oceans play a vital role in the climate system. It powers our climate as it regulate our climate.
· Oceans produce at least half of all our Earth’s oxygen supply
· It is the source of our freshwater
· It offers a pharmacopoeia of potential medicines
· Aesthetically it is home to a myriad of wildlife and provides us with spectacularly beautiful landscapes and provides immeasurable inspiration
· It provides an array of recreational enjoyment opportunities
· It also provides mineral and energy resources
· It shapes the Earth’s characteristics
Every time I slip into the ocean, it's like going home – Sylvia Earle.